But flee youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. -2 Tim. 2:22
Thank you for your interest in the Young Peopleâ€™s Meetings at the Church in San Juan Capistrano! This brief introduction will give you a sense of the special work and special young believers we have the privilege of serving.
A Key Time
â€œAs newborn babes, long for the guileless milk of the word in order that by it you may grow unto salvation, if you have tasted that the Lord is good.â€ â€“ 1 Peter 2:2-3 The junior high school and high school years present a unique opportunity for young people to build a foundation as Christians who are a blessing to their families, friends, and communities for the rest of their lives. During this time, young believers begin to learn how to live Christ as their life through the practical application of key points in the Bible to their daily lives.
A Unique Setting
â€œBut flee youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.â€ â€“ 2 Timothy 2:22 In addition, they have the opportunity to come together in an open, encouraging environment to share their experiences and hopes with their peers who also love the Lord Jesus. This fellowship produces not only friendships but also spiritual companionships in which young people encourage and support each other to stand for the Lord and to share the joy of their salvation with others.
Activities Throughout the Year
- Bible study meetings: after the Sunday Lord’s Table Meeting
- Home meetings: weekly informal gatherings with dinner, singing, Bible fellowship, prayer and activities
- Conference retreats: with young people throughout southern California
- Summer Bible study classes: with young people, covering Godâ€™s full salvation, the Triune God and the person and work of Christ, the divine Spirit and the human spirit, Life, the Church, and the Bible
- Other: BBQs, hiking, sports, and other activities